For Windows 10 users who notice SofTest and other applications taking longer than usual to load on their device, they may want to modify their startup preferences via the Task Manager. This would include disabling all third-party and non-essential startup services.
We have noticed a substantial decrease in the amount of time it takes to start SofTest, as well as a decrease in reports of freezing before entering an exam from Exam Takers who have followed this procedure:
- Open up the Task Manager by:
a. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, selecting ‘Task Manager’.
b. Search for ‘Task Manager’ within the start menu.
- Once open, if no tabs are visible at the top of the window, click ‘More Details’ at the bottom.
- Select the ‘Startup’ tab. Here you will be able to see a list of applications with their respective ‘Status’, which states whether or not the application will or will not start the background process/service at the time of user login.
**Although some services like audio and touchpad drivers are necessary, it is highly recommended to disable any third party installed applications before launching an exam using SofTest for optimal performance.
- Click on each application, in order to highlight, and choose ‘Disable’ by:
a. Clicking ‘Disable’ in the bottom right hand corner.
b. Right-click and ‘Disable’.
- Once all the identified applications have been disabled, close the Task Manager and sign out of the Windows user account, or restart the computer.
- Once the computer has rebooted or you have logged back into the Windows user account, attempt to start an exam in SofTest v11.