How to Disable AVG Antivirus Software
- Right-click on the AVG icon in the task bar (you may need to first click the “up arrow”) and select "Open AVG".
- Select “Options” in the top corner of the user interface window, then “Advanced settings…”
- From this new window that popped up, we want to expand “Computer Protection” by either double-clicking it or by single-clicking the “+” icon to the left of it.
- After expanding Computer Protection, click on (not expand) “Antivirus” and uncheck “Enable Resident Shield” to the right as shown in the picture below.
- Back on the left-hand side, click on “AVG Self Protection” and uncheck “Enable AVG Self Protection” as shown in the picture below.
- Once you have disabled the Resident Shield and AVG Self Protection, click “Apply” and then “OK” to finish.