On Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click on the “Start” button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the start menu, type in "msconfig" (without the quotes).
3. A new window should appear. Go to the "Services" tab.
4. Towards the bottom, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box (Make sure this is checked!).
5. Click "Disable All".
6. Scroll down in the list until you see a service called "ExamSoft Softshield" and check it’s box. It should be the only service checked and needs to be checked for SofTest to run.
7. Press Apply and then 'Ok'.
8. Exit out of the msconfig window, and press “Exit without restarting”.
9. We then recommend downloading and taking a mock exam to see if this has helped solve your lagging issue.
For instructions on how to take a mock exam please click here.
Windows 8 & 10
1. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen until the Charms Bar appears, select "Search".
2. Type "msconfig" and select "System Configuration".
3. Follow steps 3 - 9 above.