* Use of spell check is controlled by the test sponsor (institution/school administering the exam).Check with your institution to determine if it will be available.
If spell check is available, this is how it works.
- Type your essay as normal. There may or may not be spelling mistakes depending on typing accuracy.
- Words that are misspelled will NOT display a red line or any other visual indication of being incorrect. To determine misspelled words click on the spell-check tab that is located on the sidebar of SofTest.
- This will bring you to the new tab. From here, click “Find Next” in order to start the spell-check.
- If the passage lacks any spelling errors the window will display nothing.
- If the passage has spelling errors, the window will display each of the errors that were made.
- You can sift through the collected spelling errors by clicking “Find Next” again and decide whether to ignore or change to a spelling that is recommended by the software.
These recommendations appear in a list that you can select from and change or ignore individually. You must click the ‘change’ button in order to alter a misspelled word.
After you have completed your spell-check, there should be no mistakes left to reveal.