The following error message is caused by improper folder permissions on a folder SofTest needs access to.
To resolve this, we will need to update the permissions on the SofTest folder, located in the ProgramData folder. To do this:
- Open up a new Windows Explorer window (simply open any folder or Computer) and type C:\ProgramData into the navigation bar at the top. Press Enter.
2. Right click on the SofTest folder and click on ‘Properties’.
3. Here, we will need to edit the permissions for the current user. If you do not know your current user name, you can easily retrieve it by opening a command prompt window and typing in a command.
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Type in cmd and open the first option that says ‘cmd.exe’
- In the command prompt, type ‘echo %username%’
- This output below the line is the user you are currently logged in as and who we need to change the permissions for. In this example, our username is ‘Rex McWilliams’.
4. Back to the properties window, edit the permissions by doing the following:
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click on Edit.
- Find your user account or the account you looked up in step 3.
- Click on the checkbox for Allow under ‘Full Control’.
- Click on Apply.
- Try opening SofTest again.