To determine if your computer has updated to the latest Windows 10 Creators operating system, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the windows start icon in your taskbar:
2. Type 'winver' and press enter.
3. If your version number is '1703' you are currently on Windows 10 Creators and will need to perform the workaround shown below in order to ensure that SofTest works properly. If you have any other version number, you are not yet on Creators.
It is extremely important that you also walk through the steps to set up Compatibility Mode PRIOR to the start of the bar exam. Once the exam has started, you will not be able to enable Compatibility Mode.
Once these steps are complete, we highly recommend you take a mock exam so you’re aware of the environment you’ll be testing in on exam day.
Windows 10 Creators Compatibility Workaround
In order to utilize SofTest on a machine that is running Windows 10 Creators, you must make some changes within the properties of the application. Below are the steps for the available workaround:
1. Right click on the application shortcut from the desktop or from the application icon at C:\Program Files (x86)\Examsoft\Softest 11.0
2. Select Properties from the menu
3. Click on the Compatibility tab
4. Under Compatibility mode, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 8 from the drop down
- Click Apply, then OK
Once the above steps are completed, exam takers should be able to run SofTest, but keep in mind this operating system is not currently supported. Please contact our Support team if you have any questions.