The Foundation Training session of the ExamSoft101 program is geared towards account administrators only. Your Training Specialist will show you and your administrators how to setup your ExamSoft portal by creating folders, and configuring user accounts and permissions. This session will also cover category use and creation.
Note: For a video guide, see our recorded webinar "Legacy Portal Foundations" (link opens in YouTube).
Before You Begin
- Log in to your ExamSoft Portal.
- Create an admin user account.
- Create a Questions folder with this name: Practice Questions
- Create a Course with this name: Exam Manager Practice
- Create an Exam Taker account.
Note: Your exam managers can share this login to take practice exams.
- Enroll the Exam Taker in the Course.
- Legacy Portal: Create Admin Users
- Legacy Portal: User Rights Breakdown
- Legacy Portal: Best Practices for Setting Up Folders
- Legacy Portal: Create Categories
- Legacy Portal: Add and Manage Exam Takers
- Legacy Portal: Course Management
- Legacy Portal: Send Reminders and Other Messages
- Legacy Portal: Manage Accommodation Rules
- Legacy Portal: Global Settings
- Identify the categories that you'd like to track.
- Set up your Questions and Assessments folder structures.
- Create your Categories.
- Create user accounts with corresponding user rights.
Before Your First Exam
- Customize Global Settings.
- Manage Accommodation Rules (if applicable).
- Import Exam Takers & Courses.
- Match exam takers to courses.
- Ask your IT department to whitelist the host URL for your ExamSoft portal. See: Legacy Portal: Prevent Blocked Emails
- Provide the login and download instructions to Exam Takers. See: Examplify for Windows and Mac: Download, Install, and Register Examplify
Tip: To stay on track for your first exam, be sure to use the Legacy Portal: ExamSoft 101 - First Exam Checklist.