Legacy Portal: ExamSoft101 - First Exam Checklist
- Policies & Administration
- Prepare the Exam-Takers
- Prepare the Exam
- Prepare Your Proctor
- During the Exam
- After the Exam
- For exam-takers who need accommodations, set up your institution's accommodation rules. See: Legacy Portal: Manage Accommodation Rules
- Ensure that your exam day policies are in place (i.e., proctoring practices, exam-taker procedures).
- Determine and communicate your practices for make-up assessments. See: Legacy Portal: Make-Up Assessments
- Import your courses and exam-takers. See: Legacy Portal: Import Exam-Taker and Course Information
- Email the Examplify installation and registration instructions to the exam-takers. See: Legacy Portal: Send Reminders and Other Messages
- Distribute information about Examplify to help the exam-takers to prepare. See: Best Practices for Exam-Takers
- Create or import your assessment questions. See: Legacy Portal: Basic Steps to Create Questions or Legacy Portal: Prepare an RTF Question File to Import
- Create an assessment. See: Legacy Portal: Create an Assessment
- Post the assessment. See: Legacy Portal: Post an Assessment
- Check the exam-taker activity to ensure that everyone has downloaded their assessments.
Print a paper copy of the assessment (just in case!).
Provide the proctor with:
- Assessment password
- Universal Resume Code (See: Legacy Portal: Resume Codes)
- Exam-Taker Support Line number: (866) 429-8889
Ensure that all exam-takers have successfully uploaded the assessment.
- For on-site assessments, require all exam-takers to show the proctor their green upload confirmation screen.
For on-site or remote assessments, check the Exam-Taker Activity tab in the ExamSoft portal for answer file upload/import times.
After the Exam
- Run reports.
- Release results to the exam-takers as appropriate.
- Contact the Support team if you need technical assistance.