The Assessment Building training session is geared toward all users in your predefined supergroup that will be creating exams in the ExamSoft portal. Your training specialist will review taking your banked questions, and building an exam. This session will also cover posting the exam to students.
Before You Begin
- Log in to your institution's ExamSoft portal.
- Select the Assessments menu.
- Create a new assessment with this title:Practice Exam
- Add questions to your assessment.
- Save your assessment.
- Legacy Portal: Create an Assessment
- You'll learn about blueprints, attachments, universal resume codes, and more.
- Legacy Portal: Preview an Assessment
- Legacy Portal: Post an Assessment with ExamID or ExamMonitor
- Legacy Portal: Edit an Assessment
- Legacy Portal: Post an Assessment
- You will learn about features such as the assessment password, optional email reminders, Secure Review, and remote assessment deletion.
- Legacy Portal: Export Grades
- Navigate back to your Practice Exam.
- Set up your assessment options similar to how you would configure an exam for your students.
- Preview your assessment to verify exam content and settings.
- Post your practice exam to your Faculty Practice course and provide enough downloads for faculty members to download exam at least once.
- Instruct faculty to download Examplify and take the practice exam. For instructions, see: Examplify for Windows and Mac: Download, Install, and Register Examplify
Before Your First Exam
- Create your assessment and make sure to select Save.
- Preview the assessment to review assessment settings and make any necessary changes.
- Post your assessment to the corresponding course, verify download start/end date.
- Instruct students to download their exam.
- Do not release exam password until testing begins.
Want to speed up your exam making process? Go to My Preferences > Assessment Creation, and save the default settings that you want to use on future assessments.