Review the situations below to determine the specific requirements for each question.
|Items Must:||Items May:||Items May Not:||Items Must Not:|
Must be proctored and Secure
May be used to supplement faculty created exams (proctored in the ExamSoft platform)
May not be edited except for title and tagging categories (may be changed to align with program's tagging nomenclature)
Must not be edited except for the following:
|Must be used within the ExamSoft/Examplify platform.||May be used to supplement faculty created formatives (proctored in the ExamSoft platform)|
|May be used to create Muddiest-Points quizzes (proctored in the ExamSoft platform)|
- If faculty wish to modify the items in any other way, a copy needs to be created first; then, modify the copy.
- Original items and copies should remain in the original Question Bank course.
- Coordinate with other faculty in your program to identify who is using which questions and in what way.
- For exams and formative questions: if you tag your faculty-created questions using a similar category/nomenclature as your standardized exams, it will be easier to inform curricular decisions.
- If items/answers/rationale are reviewed by students after an exam, the question should be marked as compromised.
- If an item is used in a classroom activity or the rationale is released, the item has been compromised and should no longer be used on exams or quizzes in its original format.