- Create and Post an Exam
- Manage Exam Postings
- Finalize and Post Exam
- As Needed: Post Additional Copies for Other Sections
Create and Post an Exam
- Navigate to the appropriate department.
- Navigate to the desired CJE course.
- Select the Create Assessment button.
- Select Benchmark Assessment. Then, select the Create button.
Note: The Create Benchmark Assessment button is only available on the Benchmark exam courses, not portal wide.
- On the Select Assessment floating window, choose the desired Benchmark Assessment.
Note: We recommend that you always start with Open Check and allow feedback before moving to Benchmark 1 then, Benchmark 2.
- Note: We recommend that you always start with Open Check and allow feedback before moving to Benchmark 1 then, Benchmark 2.
The exam will be created in the Benchmark Course.
To make a copy of the Benchmark Exam in the live course where students are enrolled, select More in the upper right-hand corner and select Duplicate.
Use the radio button to select Linked Assessment. Faculty need to select and assign to the live course that they want to make a copy of the assessment from the Benchmark exams course.
Note: A copy of the assessment from the Benchmark exams course is always necessary to a live course in which your students are enrolled.
- You will automatically be taken to the selected course where you can finish posting the assessment.
Manage your postings
Note: For more information about any of the options listed, visit the Post An Assessment article.
- Assessment Password: The system generates a random password. You can change it.
- Show/Hide Universal Resume Code: You can give this code to anyone who needs to resume the exam. When the exam-taker enters the code on the Examplify screen, the exam resumes. This approach is convenient when there is an issue, such as a power outage, that affects multiple exam-takers. The Universal Resume Code will work for any student and for the entire duration of the exam.
Schedule Date: Enter the date and time for the exam.
Open Check: This exam may be open for an extended period of time.
- Select a Schedule Date that aligns with the date the open check becomes available.
Benchmark I and II: These exams must be proctored and treated as high-stakes assessments.
Note: These exams are not permitted to be open for an extended period of time.
- Open Check: This exam may be open for an extended period of time.
- Download Start: Exam-takers should be able to start downloading the exam 24 hours before the exam Schedule Date.
- Download End: The download period should align with the exam end time.
Example: If the exam is 75 minutes and the start time is 1:00pm, then, the Download End should be 2:15pm.
- Schedule Date: Enter the date and time for the exam.
- Remote Assessment Deletion: Select the checkbox to enable this feature, and enter a time that is 1 minute past the Download End time.
- Ping and Release: (Optional) This option provides extra security. However, it requires internet access at the start of the exam. If that is not possible for your exam-takers, then we do not recommend selecting this option.
- Email Reminders: (Optional) If selected, this option will send the exam-taker a reminder of the date and time that you set.
- ExamID and ExamMonitor: (Optional) If you have Exam Integrity HR and wish to set ExamID and ExamMonitor, you can do so at the bottom of the posting.
Note: This will use credits purchased by your institution.
Finalize and Post Exam
When your exam is ready, select the green Finalize button at the top of the page.
- When your exam is ready, select the green Finalize button at the top of the page.
As Needed: Post Additional Copies for Other Sections
- If you need to schedule a CJE for more than one section, create and post the exam (as described).
- Then, duplicate the exam and post it with different date/time settings. The Linked option is selected so that you'll have combined reports for all sections.
- For instructions about duplicating an exam, see: Enterprise Portal: Duplicate an Assessment (Linked and Unlinked)