- Create and Post an Exam
- Manage Exam Postings
- Finalize and Post Exam
- As Needed: Post Additional Copies for Other Sections
Create and Post an Exam
- Navigate to the appropriate department.
- Navigate to the desired CJE course.
- Select the Create Assessment button.
- Select Benchmark Assessment. Then, select the Create button.
Note: The Create Benchmark Assessment button is only available on the Benchmark exam courses, not portal wide.
- On the Select Assessment floating window, choose the desired Benchmark Assessment.
Note: We recommend that you always start with Open Check and allow feedback before moving to Benchmark 1 then, Benchmark 2.
- Note: We recommend that you always start with Open Check and allow feedback before moving to Benchmark 1 then, Benchmark 2.
The exam will be created in the Benchmark Course.
To make a copy of the Benchmark Exam in the live course where students are enrolled, select More in the upper right-hand corner and select Duplicate.
Use the radio button to select Linked Assessment. Next, faculty need to select the live Benchmark exams course from which they want to copy the assessment.
Note: A live Benchmark course is always necessary to make a copy.
- You will automatically be taken to the selected course where you can finish posting the assessment.
Manage your postings
Note: For more information about any of the options listed, visit the Post An Assessment article.
- Assessment Password: The system generates a random password. You can change it.
Schedule Date: Enter the date and time for the exam.
Open Check: This exam may be open for an extended period of time.
- Select a Schedule Date that aligns with the date the open check becomes available.
Benchmark I and II: These exams must be proctored and treated as high-stakes assessments.
Note: These exams are not permitted to be open for an extended period of time.
- Open Check: This exam may be open for an extended period of time.
- Download Start: Exam-takers should be able to start downloading the exam 24 hours before the exam Schedule Date.
- Download End: The download period should align with the exam end time.
Example: If the exam is 75 minutes and the start time is 1:00pm, then, the Download End should be 2:15pm.
- Schedule Date: Enter the date and time for the exam.
- Remote Assessment Deletion: Select the checkbox to enable this feature, and enter a time that is 1 minute past the Download End time.
- Ping and Release: (Optional) This option provides extra security. However, it requires internet access at the start of the exam. If that is not possible for your exam-takers, then we do not recommend selecting this option.
- Email Reminders: (Optional) If selected, this option will send the exam-taker a reminder of the date and time that you set.
- ExamID and ExamMonitor: (Optional) If you have Exam Integrity HR and wish to set ExamID and ExamMonitor, you can do so at the bottom of the posting.
Note: This will use credits purchased by your institution.
Finalize and Post Exam
When your exam is ready, select the green Finalize button at the top of the page.
- When your exam is ready, select the green Finalize button at the top of the page.
As Needed: Post Additional Copies for Other Sections
- If you need to schedule a CJE for more than one section, create and post the exam (as described).
- Then, duplicate the exam and post it with different date/time settings. The Linked option is selected so that you'll have combined reports for all sections.
- For instructions about duplicating an exam, see: Enterprise Portal: Duplicate an Assessment (Linked and Unlinked)