There are two ways to add category tags to questions:
- Add or Edit a Category Tag While Creating or Editing a Question
- Bulk-Tag Multiple Questions with the Same Category
Note: For a video guide, see the recorded webinar "The What, Why, and How of ExamSoft's Most Powerful Tool, Categories!" (link opens in YouTube)
- While creating or editing a question, go to the Categories section (on the left side of the screen), and then select Add or Remove Category.
- Make your changes in the pop-up window:
- To remove a category: Select the X button.
- To add a category: In the pop-up window, search or navigate to find the category that you want to add. Your selections will appear on the right side of the pop-up window.
- When you finish making changes, select the Done button (at the bottom of the pop-up window).
- When you finish editing this question, select Save (near the bottom of the screen).
- Select the Questions menu (at the top of the screen).
The main area of the page displays your most recently revised questions.
- If needed, search or select a folder (on the left side of the screen) to find the questions that you want to tag.
- To see the currently assigned categories (if any), select the Add Columns button, and then select Categories.
- In the table, select the checkbox for each question that you want to tag with the same category or categories.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Questions Bulk Edit Options.
- In the dropdown menu, select Change Category Assignments.
- Select the Add Categories button, and then make your selections in the pop-up window.
- To see the sub-categories, select the plus icon.
- To select a category, select the checkbox.
- When you finish selecting categories, scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up window, and then select the Select button.