Open the My Departments Page
- With your Institution Admin account, you'll see this page as your "home page" after you log in.
- To navigate back to this page after working on other pages, select the ExamSoft Logo in the top left corner of the page.
Create a Department
- On the My Departments page, select Create Department, which is near the top right corner of the page.
Enter the information for this department.
- Provide a descriptive Department Name that will be easily identifiable by exam-makers and exam takers in your institution.
- You can select a Department Administrator in two ways:
- Start typing the name in the box, and then select from the drop-down list. The selected name will appear above the input box, and you can repeat this process to add additional names.
- Selecting Browse All. Then search or scroll for names. Select the plus (+) for each admin to include, and then select Save, which is in the top right corner.
- Enable ExamID or ExamMonitor: If you want to enable these features for any course in this department, select the checkboxes. You can enable ExamID or ExamMonitor automatically for new Courses by selecting the checkbox. See: Enterprise Portal: Course Management
- Select Save, which is near the top right corner of the page.
- On the My Departments page, browse or search for the department that you want to modify.
Note: Archived departments are hidden. To show them, select the Filter drop-down list, and then select Include Archived Departments. After you apply this filter, archived departments appear in the list with the other departments but are listed in gray text.
- Select the pencil icon for the department that you want to modify.
- Proceed as needed:
- Edit the information, as described in the "Create a Department" section of this article. Be sure to Save your changes.
- Use the Archive or Delete button (near the top right corner of the page) to remove the department.
- Archive: The department information will be retained in the system, and the department can be restored to an active state.
- Delete: All questions, assessments, and courses will be permanently removed.
- If this is an archived department, you can reactivate it by selecting Unarchive near the top right corner of the page.