As an admin, you can manage specific courses, all courses in a department, or all courses for your institution. You also can manage the questions, assessments, and exam-takers for the course(s) that you have permissions to.
Note: For more information about different admin types, see: Enterprise Portal: User Permissions
- Search for a Course
- Add a Course or Edit the Basic Information for an Existing Course
- Delete or Archive a Course
- Unarchive a Course
- Manage Assessments, Exam-Takers, and More for a Course
Search for a Course
- Navigate to the My Courses page to find the course that you want to manage.
Note: Depending on your permissions, this page might appear automatically, or you might need to select a department first.
- If needed, use the search box and/or filters.
- Active Courses: You can search for active courses by entering the course name or course ID in the search box above the list.
- Inactive Courses: Adjust the filters to include archived courses, and then search by entering the course name or course ID in the search box above the list.
- Select Filter.
- Select Include Archived Courses.
- Select Apply Filters.
- Search for the course.
- Select Filter.
- Select the course name to manage the course (assessments, questions, rubrics, students, and so on), or select the pencil icon to edit the course details (name, administrators, dates, performance thresholds, and so on).
Note: If a course is managed by your LMS, the LMS indicator appears next to the course name.
Add a Course or Edit the Basic Information for an Existing Course
Follow this procedure to add a new course or to edit basic information such as name, ID, permissions, and so on.
- Navigate to the My Courses page.
- To add a new course, select Create Course, which is near the top right corner of the page.
OR: To edit the course details for an existing course, search for the course and then select the pencil icon.
- Enter the course information.
- Enter a unique Course ID for the course. The Course ID has a limit of 50 characters.
- Provide a descriptive Course Name that will be easily identifiable by exam-makers and exam-takers in your institution. There is no character limit.
- There are two ways to select a Course Administrator.
- Start typing the name in the box, and then select from the drop-down list. The selected name will appear above the input box, and you can repeat this process to add additional names.
- Selecting Browse All. Then search or scroll for names. Select the plus (+) for each admin to include, and then select Save, which is in the top right corner.
- Enter the date range for Course Start and Course End. Assessments can only be administered within this course in the date range provided.
- Under Indicate scores that need improvement, set the score thresholds by entering values in the percentage boxes or by sliding the blue markers left or right. These values are used for reporting. For example, if the right marker is on 80 and the left marker is on 60, then scores under 80% will be marked as Needs Review, and scores under 60% will be marked as Needs Improvement.
- Enable ExamID or ExamMonitor: If you want to enable these features for this course, select the checkboxes.
- Select Save, which is near the top right corner of the page.
- Follow the instructions in the "Manage Assessments, Exam Takers, and More" section to start setting up your new course.
Delete or Archive a Course
- Search for the course, and then select the pencil icon.
- Review the information to confirm that you have selected the course that you want to modify.
- Use the Archive or Delete button (near the top right corner of the page) to remove the course.
- Archive: The course information will be retained in the system, and the course can be restored to an active state. See: Unarchive a Course
- Delete: All questions and assessments will be permanently removed.
Unarchive a Course
- Search for the course by applying the filter to include archived courses.
- Select the pencil icon for the course that you want to restore as an active course.
- Review the information to confirm that you have selected the course that you want to restore.
- Select the Unarchive button (near the top right corner of the page).
Manage Assessments, Exam-Takers, and More
- Search for the course, and then select the course name.
- Use the menus at the top of the page, as described below.
- Assessments: Create, post, and view all assessments for the selected course. See: Enterprise Portal: Get Started Creating an Assessment
- Questions: Create, edit, and view all questions for the selected course. See: Enterprise Portal: Basic Steps to Create Questions
- Rubrics (if purchased): Create, edit, and view all rubrics for the selected course. See: Enterprise Portal: Create a Rubric
- Students: Add, drop, edit, and view all exam-takers for the selected course. See: Enterprise Portal: Add and Manage Exam-Takers for a Course
- Sections: Create and edit all sections for the selected course. See: Enterprise Portal: Manage Course Sections
- Import Queue: Import questions from a file that you created or that you exported from your LMS.
- For information about creating a list of questions to import, see: Enterprise Portal: Question Importing Guidelines
- For information about importing questions from an LMS, see: Enterprise Portal: Import Questions from an LMS or a Question File