- Log in to D2L.
- Select the name of the course that you would like to export from.
- On your course's navigation bar, select Course Admin (near the top of the screen).
- Under Site Resources, select Import/Export/Copy Components.
- On the Import/Export/Copy Components screen, select Export Components.
- Select the Start button (at the bottom of the screen).
- Select Quizzes. (You might need to scroll down to see Quizzes.)
- Depending on your preferences, select either Export all items or Select individual items to export.
- Select the Continue button (at the bottom of the screen).
- On the Confirm Components for Export screen, select the Export button. Do not select the option to include course files. This options is not needed to obtain the question files to import into ExamSoft.
- On the Export Started screen, select Done.
At this point, the export has started. Depending on the number of questions being exported, this process might take some time.
- Continue to the next procedure.
- When the Update Alerts button (bell icon) has an orange dot, select it.
- In the drop-down menu, select the export that you created in the above procedure.
Note: If you have initiated multiple exports, each one will be listed on this menu. To select the right one, refer to the course names and the dates.
- On the Export Summary page, select Click here to download the export Zip package.
- When the file has finished downloading, select Done.
- Open the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Open the ZIP file and extract it.
- Locate the quizXXX.xml files within the unzipped folder, These are the question files that you will import into ExamSoft.
Import the question files into ExamSoft. See: Enterprise Portal: Import Questions from an LMS or a Question File