Follow this procedure to view question performance over time, across various assessments, and/or across multiple courses.
Note: If you want to see the question statistics for a particular assessment, see: Enterprise Portal: View the Item Analysis Report
- Select a department and a course to use for this report.
Note: Later in this procedure, you can select additional courses to include in the report.
- Select the Questions menu.
Note: The questions might be displayed on multiple pages. Refer to the paging buttons, drop-down list, and total questions at the top of the screen. An example is shown below. If you wish, you can increase the number of items shown per page.
- (Optional) Above the question list, enter keyword(s) that you want to find in the title, stem, ID, or answer choices. Then, select the option from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Select the Filter button if you want to access questions from other courses and/or if you want to narrow down the question list based on criteria such as question types, categories, and question performance statistics.
- At the top of the Filter options, you can add filters such as question types, creation date, categories, and more.
- Access questions outside of this course:
- If you want to include questions from other courses, move the Course slider button to the On position.
- In the box below the button, start typing the name of a course that you want to include.
- In the drop-down list, select a course.
A number appears in the entry box, and you can click that button to see the list of selected courses.
- Repeat the above steps, as needed, to add more courses.
Example: In this example, we are typing the word import to see all courses with that word in the course name. The drop-down list shows the matching courses. Below that, we see the courses that we've already selected.
- Question Performance Stats: If you want to filter based on question performance, select this option, and then specify ranges to use. For example, you can filter based on the average answer time or the point biserial range.
- After entering the filters to use: Select Apply Filters.
- In the question list, select the questions that you want to include.
- To select questions individually: Select the check box for each question to include.
- To select all displayed questions (on the current page): Select the check box in the header row.
- Select Export (at the bottom of the screen).
- In the pop-up menu, note the number of questions to be included, and select the options that you want for this export: (Include version history and/or Include metrics).
- Select Export.
The report is downloaded with the filename QuestionsExport.csv. If you generate multiple reports, the filename will include a number, such as QuestionsExport-2.csv.
- If the question list includes additional pages, or if you want to use different criteria, repeat this procedure as needed.