This article provides information about the following topics.
- ExamID: Issues with Your Baseline Photo
- Mac: Set Up the Device Permissions for ExamID and ExamMonitor
- Windows: Set Up the Device Permissions for ExamID and ExamMonitor
- "Examplify Quit Unexpectedly" error on Mac
- Missing ExamID and/or ExamMonitor tiles on Windows or Mac
- Missing ExamID or ExamMonitor Tiles on iPad
- Missing the "Clear Registration" button on Windows or Mac
- Virtual Machine Error
What happened: You downloaded an exam that is set up with ExamID and ExamMonitor, but you do not see the ExamID and/or ExamMonitor tiles in the exam details.
What you can do:
- Start Examplify and confirm that you have Examplify version 2.3.2 or later.
- To find the version number: Look in the lower right corner of the Examplify screen.
- If you have an earlier version of Examplify: Update Examplify. See: Examplify Update Guide
- If you have version 2.3.2 or later: In this case, the issue with the missing tiles indicates a problem with this installation of Examplify. Continue to the next step of this procedure.
- On the left side of the Examplify dashboard, if there are any exams in the DOWNLOADED list, remove them. To do so, select the exam, and then select Remove Exam Download.
- Select Home Menu > Settings.
- Select the Clear Registration button.
Note: If you do not see the Clear Registration button, make sure that the Examplify window is maximized. If the button still is missing, see: Missing the "Clear Registration" button
- After clearing the registration, log back into your account, and you should now see the exam tiles.
What happened: In Examplify, you selected Home Menu > Settings to clear your registration, but the Clear Registration button does not appear. This happens when Examplify is installed as a lab application. A lab application cannot run exams with ExamID or ExamMonitor.
What you can do: First, ask your instructor or exam manager to check your user settings in the ExamSoft administrator portal.
- If your account was mistakenly set up as a lab user account: Your instructor or exam manager needs to change this setting so that you can take exams with ExamID and ExamMonitor. After this is done, you should be able to proceed without any issues.
- If your account is not set up as a lab user: In this case, the missing button indicates a problem with this installation of Examplify. You need to completely uninstall Examplify and all related files so that you can do a "clean reinstall" afterward.
What happened: When you tried to start Examplify, the "Examplify Quit Unexpectedly" error message appeared. Your Operating System is not compatible with the version of Examplify that is installed on your device.
What you can do: Install the latest version of Examplify on a device that meets our Minimum System Requirements.
- If your Operating System does not meet our minimum system requirements, contact Apple Support for help updating your operating system.
Note: To check your macOS version number, select the Apple icon on the Apple menu bar at the top of your screen. Then select About this Mac.
- If you need to update Examplify to the latest version, see: Examplify Update Guide
What happened: When you tried to start Examplify, you saw a "Minimum System Requirements" message about Virtual Machines. Examplify is not supported on any device that is using a virtual machine.
What you can do: Use a device that does not have a virtual machine installed.
What happened: You downloaded an exam that is set up with ExamID and/or ExamMonitor, but you do not see the ExamID and/or ExamMonitor tiles in the exam details.
What you can do: First, check with your instructor. Does this exam require ExamID, ExamMonitor, or both?
- If it requires only ExamID, you can use the steps below to try to resolve the issue.
- If it requires ExamMonitor, you cannot use your iPad for this exam. ExamMonitor is not supported in Examplify for iPad.
To resolve issues with ExamID and Examplify for iPad:
- Verify that you have Examplify for iPad version 3.9 or later.
- To find the version number: Look in the lower right corner of the Examplify screen. If not, upgrade to the latest version, and then you should be able to take an exam with ExamID.
- If you have an earlier version of Examplify for iPad: Install the latest version. See: Examplify for iPad: Download and Install Examplify
- If you already have version 3.9 or later: In this case, the issue with the missing tile indicates a problem with the current installation. You will need to remove the exam download and then update Examplify for iPad. Continue to the next step.
- On the Examplify for iPad dashboard, if you have any exams in the DOWNLOADED area, remove them. To do so, select the exam and then select Remove Exam Download.
- Uninstall Examplify for iPad.
- Get the latest version of Examplify for iPad from the app store, and install it.
- Start Examplify for iPad, log in, and download the exam. You should now see the ExamID tile.