If you want certain questions to appear together, even when an assessment is set up to randomize questions, you can assign them to a group. For example, let's say that you have three closely related questions about the European Union. You could put them into a group called EU. The randomizer will treat those questions as a group. In one exam, they might appear as question #1, 2, and 3, while in another exam they appear as question #5, 6, and 7; however, they will always appear together.
- Create or edit a question as you'd normally do (see: Legacy Portal: Basic Steps to Create Questions).
- Near the top left corner of the page, enter a unique name for the Group.
- Save the question.
- Create or edit the other questions for this group, and enter the same group name in the Group field.
- Navigate to the question list that you want to view.
- To view all available questions, select the Questions tab.
- To see only the questions within an assessment, select the Assessments tab, and then select the assessment.
- To select questions to add to an assessment that you are creating or editing, select the Add Questions to Assessment button.
- If the Group column is not displayed, select the gear icon, then select Add Columns, and then select Groups.
- Select the Groups column header to sort the questions alphabetically by the name of the group.