If certain exam-takers are unable to sit for an assessment at the scheduled time, you might want to provide an opportunity to make it up. First, remove these exam-takers from the original assessment. Next, duplicate the original assessment to use as the basis for the make-up assessment.
- If you want to keep the original questions and Assessment Options, you can link the two assessments, which will then be combined for reporting purposes.
- If you want to edit the questions and the Assessment Options for the duplicated assessment, you can make it unlinked, in which case it will have separate reporting.
- If the exam was already downloaded by the individuals who need the make-up assessment, instruct them to remove the exam from Examplify.
Note: Refer them to the Remove a Downloaded Exam instructions on the Help Site.
- In ExamSoft, navigate to the course.
- Remove the exam-takers who missed the assessment:
- Select the assessment.
- Select the Post Settings tab.
- Under Students, select the button that shows the total number of exam-takers for this assessment.
After selecting the button, you'll see a list of all exam-takers who were selected to take the original exam. A checkmark appears for each selected individual.
- Scroll or search to find an exam-taker who missed the assessment.
- Hover your mouse over the checkmark, which will change to an X, and then select the X to remove this exam-taker.
The deselected exam-taker will have a plus sign next to the name, instead of a checkmark, and a message will indicate the number of exam-takers to be removed.
- Repeat the above step until you have removed all of the exam-takers who missed this assessment.
- Select Save. The deselected exam-takers are removed from the original exam.
- Create and post the make-up assessment:
- Duplicate the original assessment to create the make-up assessment, which can be linked or unlinked. For more information, see: Enterprise Portal: Duplicate an Assessment (Linked and Unlinked)
- On the Post Settings page, select the Students button, and then assign only the exam-takers who need to do the make-up.
- Post the assessment.