- Reboot the computer by entering Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- While holding down the Shift key, select the power symbol in the lower right corner of the screen, and then select Restart. (Do not release the Shift key until after you select Restart.)
This will boot the computer into a new menu.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Select Restart.
The computer will boot into another menu that provides more boot-options.
- Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Your computer will reboot.
- Log in to your Windows account with administrator privileges.
Note: If you took your exam on an account without administrator privileges, it is likely that you will need to contact Microsoft Support as this is part of our minimum system requirements to run Examplify.
- In the command prompt, enter:explorer.exe
- Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Examsoft\Examplify\Services
- Scroll down until you see an application file named EsWinsr.
- Right-click this file and then select Run as an Administrator.
This will bring up another command prompt that will revert the security settings of Examplify. Press any key to exit when prompted.
- Return to the original Command Prompt.
- Enter: shutdown –r
This will trigger a native reboot of the computer, which will take longer than normal. The device will reboot successfully into Windows having successfully force-closed Examplify.
If you cannot resolve your black screen issue, please contact ExamSoft Support .