The iPad operating system includes accessibility features for visual and auditory impaired users. The iPad VoiceOver functions can be used during secure and non-secure exams.
Note: At this time, Examplify does not support the use of third-party devices.
When VoiceOver is enabled, you can single-tap on the screen to have the action or text read aloud.
Note: Other gestures change when VoiceOver is enabled:
- Double-tap an item to select it.
- To scroll, use three fingers.
By default, the iPad accessibility features are disabled and must be set up to meet your needs. You can use our video guide or our written instructions.
Note: Also see the "Next Steps" section of this article.
- On the iPad home screen, select the Settings icon.
- Select General.
- In the left menu, select Accessibility to open the list of accessibility features.
- Select VoiceOver (at the top of the list).
- Move the VoiceOver selector to On.
Tip: Another way to turn on VoiceOver is to ask Siri: "Siri, turn on VoiceOver."
For more information about iPad's VoiceOver settings, see the "Change your VoiceOver settings on iPad" article at Apple Support.