The ExamSoft Grade Integration feature will allow you to send grades from the ExamSoft portal back to your instance of Blackboard. The setup is comprised of only a few steps and will provide additional functionality in the portal.
Before You Begin
- It is important to first contact your Customer Success Manager or Implementation Consultant to begin the setup process.
- You must also provide ExamSoft® with an accessible URL to your Blackboard Installation.
- Make sure that the Key Admin for your institution has created an ExamSoft profile for you.
ProcedurePush Grades to Blackboard
Enable ExamSoft Registration
Verify Grades in Blackboard
- Go to Courses at the top of the Blackboard page, and select the course you are going to be working in.
- Once in the correct course, go to the left side navigation bar and expand the Course Tools section.
- Ensure that you can log in to ExamSoft from Blackboard by selecting the ExamSoft Registration button if it is available.
- Use your ExamSoft ID and password to log in. This should only appear once if you log in correctly.
Note: If the ExamSoft Registration button is not available:
- Expand Customization and select Tool Availability.
- Locate ExamSoft Registration and enable it. See ExamSoft Registration if the button is still not available or enabled.
- Once it has been enabled, follow steps 3 and 4 above.
- Once you are logged into ExamSoft through Blackboard, select the Assessments tab at the top of the ExamSoft page.
- Locate the folder where the assessment is located.
- Find the assessment that has been graded, and go to the Push Grades to LMS column on that assessment.
Note: If that column is not present, select the Gear icon, and select Push Grades to LMS to add it.
- Select the Push Grades button.
- In the pop-up window, enter the grade column and the score type as described below. (Both a Column and a Score Type are required.)
- To enter the grade column: Either use the the Grade Column dropdown menu to select a column to use, or enter a new column name in the Create a New Column field.
- To enter the score type: Use the Score Type dropdown menu to select the format that you want to use to display the score.
- Select Send Grades to LMS.
Note: Before ExamSoft sends grades to Blackboard, the building block will check to see if all students and IDs are valid for the course.
After the grades have been successfully pushed from ExamSoft to Blackboard, a confirmation message appears.
If the ExamSoft Registration tool is not available in the Customization > Tool Availability section, please follow these instructions:
- In Blackboard, select System Admin.
- Select Tools.
- Navigate to ExamSoft. It should have a subsection for ExamSoft Registration.
- Set the settings to the following:
- Make sure Availability is set to On for Course Tool
- In the Scope of Change column, select New and existing courses in the dropdown menu.
- Select Submit at the top or bottom of the page.
- Following the receipt of the confirmation screen, verify that the grades are present in the Grade Center for the desired course.
- Be sure to run all of the detailed reports available in the ExamSoft portal. For more information, see: Legacy Portal: Reporting Overview