To prepare to take exams on your device, you need to download, install, and register Examplify.
Before You Begin
- An internet connection
- The device that you'll use to take your assessments
- To ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements, see: Examplify Minimum System Requirements
- On the day of your exam, either connect your device to power or fully charge the battery.
- For exams with ExamID and ExamMonitor, make sure that you have a working webcam and microphone.
- Your institution's ExamSoft ID
- Your login credentials (provided to you by your institution)
- Payment details (if your institution requires you to pay the Examplify license fee)
Important: You can't download assessments on multiple devices. Install Examplify on the device that you'll use to take your assessments.
- Using Chrome or Firefox, go to: https://examsoft.com
- Select Student/Exam-Taker (at the top of the page).
- Start entering your institution name or ID, and then select it when it appears.
Example: In this example, we start typing the characters texas, and possible matches appear in a list. You would then select the correct institution.
- Select the Continue button.
- Select the ExamSoft User Portal Login button.
- Enter your login credentials. Refer to the information that was provided by your institution.
- Select the Download button.
Where to find the Download button in the Legacy Portal:
Where to find the Download button in the Enterprise Portal:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the installer file.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your device, and run the installer file.
Note: If your device is a Mac with the M1 processor, you'll be prompted to install Rosetta. You must select Install to continue the Examplify installation. For more information, see: Examplify: Tips for Installation on a Mac with an M1 Chip
- Start Examplify.
- On the Add New Account page, enter your institution ID or name, and then select Next.
- Enter your login credentials.
Use these resources to get started using Examplify and to prepare for your first exam.
- For general guidelines, see: Exam-Taker Best Practices
- For tips about the Examplify user interface, see: Examplify: Exam-Taking Features and Options and Examplify: Get Started with Examplify (Video Guide)
- To learn what to expect when taking exams without ExamID/ExamMonitor, see: Prepare to Take an Exam - Mac or Windows Device or Prepare to Take an Exam - iPad
- To learn what to expect when taking exams with ExamID/ExamMonitor, see: Prepare to Take an Exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor or Examplify for iPad: Prepare to Take an Exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor