If you need to export questions from Canvas to use with ExamSoft, you will need to take a few simple steps.
Note: Quiz exports do not include question banks. An exported quiz that was linked to a question bank will not include questions from that bank when imported into ExamSoft, unless that quiz was linked to an account-level question bank, and both courses belong to that account. For more information, see: Canvas Help Guide
- Log in to your Canvas instance.
- Navigate to the course that has the questions that you want to export.
- Select Settings.
- On the right side of the page, select Export Course Content.
- Under the Export Type, select the radio button for Quiz.
- Select the quizzes that you want to export.
- Select Create Export.
Note: Canvas will create an export archive where you can download the exported files.
- Open the downloaded file. The questions will be exported into a ZIP Archive.
- When the download is finished, extract the ZIP file to obtain the file.
Example File Name: CourseName-QuizName-export.zip
Note: The .ZIP download will need to be unzipped. It contains multiple files and top-level folders.
Note: For more information about how to Zip and Unzip file folders on a Mac, click here.
You are now ready to import the file in ExamSoft. See: Enterprise Portal: Import Questions from an LMS or a Question File or Legacy Portal: Prepare an RTF Question File to Import