The Longitudinal Analysis Report shows exam-taker performance over a period of time. You can use this report to conduct a deeper analysis of the exam-takers' performance, to identify patterns of performance, and to make more accurate predictions about student achievement so that you can develop appropriate interventions.
You control the content of the report by selecting the date range, the courses, the types of assessments, the categories, and the exam-takers to include. You also determine how many categories to include for each assessment, and what data to include.
- Select the Reports menu, and then select Longitudinal Analysis.
- For the Primary Filter:
- Select the date range (based on the posting date) of the assessment postings to include.
- Make selections in the User (exam-maker) and Course dropdown menus. You can select All Users and All Courses, or select individual checkboxes within each dropdown menu.
- For the Secondary Filter:
- Make selections in both dropdown menus. You can select All Assessment Types and All Assessments, or select individual checkboxes within each dropdown menu.
- (Optional) Select the Include Rubrics checkbox if you want to include performance assessments that have rubrics attached, or question bank assessments that have essays graded with rubrics.
- (Optional) Adjust the number of Categories to include for each assessment, or keep the default settings.
- For the Final Filter:
- Select the Select Categories button to open the pop-up window.
- If you want to include all categories, select the top checkbox. If you want to select individual categories, select the plus sign to open the list, and then select the checkboxes for the categories to include. When finished making selections in the pop-up window, select Save.
- Exam-Taker Group: This selection determines which exam-takers will be available in the Exam-Takers dropdown menu. You can include all groups and all unassigned exam-takers, or select a single group from the dropdown menu.
- Exam-Takers: Select All Exam-Takers (to include everyone in the selected Exam-Taker Group) or select individual exam-takers to include.
- Select the information to include:
- # Points: For each category, the report will include a separate number of points earned by exam-takers in each category. If this box is unchecked, the report will show the percentage scores only.
- Questions with Zero Point Value: The report will include questions that had a weight of 0 points.
- Category Full Path: The column headers in the report will display the full path as well as the name of each category.
- Include Total Points Available: For each category, the report will include a separate column displaying the total points possible.
- Select Run Report.
- Each selected Category is represented by a column.
- #Assessments: This row shows the number of assessments that have at least one question within the specified category.
- #Items: This row shows the number questions that are tagged with the specified category.
- Group Average: This row shows the average score earned by the selected Exam-Takers in this category.
- The remaining rows show the data for individual exam-takers in each category.
- This report can be exported via CSV or Excel.
- You can select an exam-taker's name to view an individual Longitudinal Analysis Report.