This information will help you to use various features to improve your exam-taking experience.
If your institution enables/allows iPad use, you can enable the iPad's VoiceOver feature, which allows you to single-tap on the screen to have the action or text read aloud. The iPad VoiceOver functions can be used during secure and non-secure exams. See: Enable VoiceOver on Your iPad
Note: iPad is not supported for bar exams.
We recommend that all exam-takers adjust their device settings to optimize the display. You can select the settings that you need to see information more easily on the screen. See: Optimize the Display Settings on Your Device
- Adjust the Text Size for Questions and Answer Choices
- Select Your Highlighter Colors
- Change the Size of a Pop-Up Window
- Zoom In or Out of an Attachment
- Zoom In or Out of a Hotspot Image
- Adjust the Essay Response Area
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts
You can adjust the size of the text for questions and answer choices by using the Tool Kit.
- During an exam, select the Tool Kit menu.
- Select the Tools tab (at the top).
- Drag the slider left or right to change the text size.
If the highlighter option is enabled for your assessment, you can select the highlighter color that works best for you. See: Highlight Text in a Question or a PDF Attachment (video guide)
If there is an attachment in a pop-up window, you can adjust the size of the window. Drag on the lower right corner of the pop-up window.
While viewing an attachment, you can zoom in or out by using the + and - buttons on the toolbar.
In a hotspot question, you answer the question by clicking on the image. You can use the zoom controls on the left side of the image to zoom in or out.
- Drag the slider up to zoom in.
- Drag the slider down to zoom out.
There are several ways to adjust the display when you are working on essay questions.
General Preferences for Essay Text
You can set the font and text size that you want to use for all essay questions. Make these selections before you start an exam.
- Start Examplify.
- Select the Home menu, and then select Preferences.
- Select the font that you prefer.
The options include: Arial, Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Georgia, Impact, OpenDyslexic, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana.
- Enter the font size.
- Select Save Preferences.
Adjust the Font and Text Size on the Toolbar
Adjust the Size of the Response Area
If you prefer to use the keyboard rather than a mouse, many shortcuts are supported. See: Examplify: Use Keyboard Shortcuts During an Assessment