As an Institution Admin or Department Admin, you can identify groups of exam-takers and use these groups for various purposes, including remediation, accommodations, honors, and so on.
- Search for an Exam-Taker Group
- Add or Edit the Details for an Exam-Taker Group
- Add or Remove Exam-Takers
Search for an Exam-Taker Group
- Log in to your ExamSoft portal.
- Select the Admin menu (near the top right corner of the page).
- Select Group Management.
- Enter the group name or ID in the search box above the list. After you find a group, you can edit the details or add/remove exam-takers.
Add or Edit the Details for a Student Group
- Create a new group, or select an existing group:
- To add a group: Select Create Student Group.
- To edit an existing group: Select the gear icon for the group.
- Enter the information.
- Enter a descriptive Group Name that will help you to identify this group.
- View the list of administrators who have Permissions to manage this group. Optionally, you can add administrators by using the input box or the Browse All link, which are both below the list of existing admins.
- If you have a name in mind, you can type a few characters in the input box and then select a name from the drop-down list.
- If you prefer, select Browse All. You can then search or scroll through the entire list of admins. On this page, select the plus sign to select an admin, or select the checkmark to remove an admin. After making all of your selections, select Save to update the Permissions list and return to the group details page.
- Select Save.
Add or Remove Exam-TakersOn the Group Management page, select the group by clicking the group name. (For this type of change, select the group name, not the gear icon.)
- To add exam-takers: Select Add Students. Scroll through the list, or search. Select the plus sign select the user. After making all of your selections, select Save to add these users to the group.
- To remove exam-takers: Select Add Students. Scroll through the list, or search to find the users that you want to remove. Select the checkmark to deselect the user. An X indicates that the user is no longer selected. The confirmation message above the table indicates the number of students that will be removed. After making all of your selections, select Save to update the group membership and return to the Group Management page.