Before You Begin
- Complete your LMS configuration.
- Sync the course that you are attempting to push grades for through the LMS configuration.
- Set up your grade book in your LMS.
Note: If you are using Moodle, the column in the gradebook needs to be set up as an assignment rather than an exam or quiz in order for the column to appear in the list within Examsoft.
- Select the assessment that you want to push grades for.
- Select Update Scores (near the top right corner of the screen).
Note: If the Update Scores button is not available, that means that no additional updates are needed.
- Select Push Grades (at the top of the page).
Note: A side window will pop out with your push grades options.
Pushing Raw vs. Pushing Points
Pushing by raw will push the number of correctly answered questions. Pushing by points will push the total number of points earned on the exam.
Example: A student answers 48/50 2-point questions correctly on an exam.
Pushing by raw will push the number 48, pushing by points will push the number 96.
- Select an existing grade column, or create a new one.
If you know the name of an existing grade column: Start typing the grade column name as it appears in the LMS, and it will auto-complete your selection.
Note: The total points in the LMS column will not be updated and only the individual student scores will be pushed.
- If you are unsure of the name of the grade column: Select Browse All, and then scroll through the list to find the grade column.
- To select a grade column: Select the plus sign (on the left).
- If you Create a New Grade Column: Enter a name. This column will be created within your LMS grade book for this course. If you are using Moodle, this option will not be available to you.
- If you know the name of an existing grade column: Start typing the grade column name as it appears in the LMS, and it will auto-complete your selection.
- Select a Score Type:
- For Blackboard, Canvas, or D2L, select Points.
- For Moodle, select Percentage.
- After finalizing your options, select the Push to LMS button (at the top of the screen).
A confirmation message will appear when the grades have successfully been pushed.