This article helps you to know what to expect when taking an exam in Examplify for Windows or Mac.
- If you are using an iPad, see: Examplify for iPad: Take an Exam and (if applicable) Examplify for iPad: Prepare for an Assessment with ExamID and ExamMonitor
- If you are taking an exam with ExamID and/or ExamMonitor, on Windows or Mac, see: Examplify: Take an Exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor
Before You Begin Your Exam
- Ensure that your device meets the Minimum System Requirements. See: Minimum System Requirements and Examplify: Update Your Device to Meet Minimum System Requirements
- Install Examplify and log in. See: Examplify for Windows and Mac: Download, Install, and Register Examplify
- Get familiar with Examplify. See: Best Practices for Exam-Takers
- Make sure that you know the exam password and the date when the exam will be available for downloading. (Check with your instructor or exam manager for these details.)
- To ensure the best results, temporarily disable your anti-virus software before starting the exam. See: Disable Anti-Virus Software
- Read all sections of this article so that you know what to expect during your exam.
Examplify performs certain checks when you start Examplify and when you attempt to download an exam.
Note: To learn how to download an exam, see: Examplify: Download or Remove Exams
If you see messages about Minimum System Requirements, review the on-screen information. Depending on the issues, you might be able to Continue with the exam, or you might see only the Return to Dashboard option.
Even if the Continue button appears, we recommend that you update your device according to the on-screen information. If you see only the Return to Dashboard option, you cannot use this device without updating it to meet the requirements. For more information, see: Examplify: Update Your Device to Meet Minimum System Requirements
After the exam downloads, look through the Exam Settings and Exam Details. Note the time limit, the available features, and any security restrictions.
Exam Details: ExamID and ExamMonitor Tiles
You might see tiles for ExamID and/or ExamMonitor. These features provide additional security measures such as verifying your identity and/or monitoring your activity by using your microphone, your camera, and screen recording.
Example Without ExamID or ExamMonitor
Example with ExamID and ExamMonitor
Note: For more information about this type of exam, see: Examplify: Prepare to Take an Exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor
Exam Details: Exam Sections
For longer exams, the exam-maker can create exam sections. The section titles will be listed in the Exam Details.
Note: For more information about taking an exam with exam sections, see: Tips for Exam Sections
At the scheduled time for this exam, you can enter your Exam Password (as provided by your instructor). Follow the on-screen prompts to continue.
- If you are prompted to close Microsoft applications: We recommend that you go to each application to save any work in progress, and then exit the application. The return to Examplify and reselect Start Exam.
- If you are prompted to wait before you begin: Be aware that all activity will be logged, and it is important that you meet the requirements for this exam.
- In an on-site exam, follow the instructions from the on-site proctor.
- In a remote exam, follow any instructions that you received from your instructor or exam manager about when to begin the exam.
- When ready, select the Continue button. Then select the check box and select Start Exam.
When the first question appears on the screen, proceed through the exam, using the various features of the user interface as needed.
- Examplify saves your work automatically every 60 seconds. Additional timely backups and snapshots occur as well to ensure that your answer selections and content are safe.
- For tips about using exam controls (such as setting a timer or suspending the exam), viewing attachments, answering various types of questions, and navigating through the exam, see: Examplify: Exam-Taking Features and Options or Examplify: Get Started with Examplify (Video Guide)
After the Exam
To submit your exam:
- If you reach the final question and the Next button changes to the Submit button: Select the Submit button.
- If you decide to submit the exam before you complete the final question: Near the top right corner of the screen, select Exam Controls, and then select Submit Exam.
After you submit your exam:
Follow the on-screen instructions. You'll be prompted to confirm the exam upload. Progress messages will appear. Wait for the green confirmation screen, which confirms that your exam has been uploaded successfully.
Note: If you are taking ExamID- or ExamMonitor-enabled exams, expect the upload process to take longer. Follow the on-screen instructions. For more information, see: Examplify: Prepare to Take an Exam with ExamID and ExamMonitor
Depending on your institution's settings, you also might receive a confirmation email after your exam answer file is successfully uploaded.