ExamNow is an audience response tool that you can use to promote active learning when meeting with your exam-takers for a class, an exam preparation session, or other purposes. ExamNow can help you to increase engagement and measure learning. The exam-takers can participate in ExamNow quizzes on their mobile devices or computers with supported browsers and operating systems.
Note: Your formative assessments in ExamNow can include most question types from the question bank that you use for summative assessments. For more information, see: Supported Question Types and Formatting Options for Examplify and ExamNow
Before You Begin
ExamNow must enabled for your institution. For more information, please contact your Client Success Manager.
ExamNow assessments differ from Examplify assessments in certain ways. Before you create your ExamNow assessment, be sure to read the following information.
- Unlike Examplify exams, the assessments that you post are immediately shown on the instructor portal. However, the exam-takers cannot see the exam until the instructor chooses to start that exam from the ExamNow portal.
- Keep in mind that the person who posts the assessment is the only person who will see it in the instructor portal. If you create an assessment, but another instructor is going to use it in a meeting with exam-takers, that instructor needs to post the assessment.
- Your ExamNow assessment can include most but not all question types from your ExamSoft question bank. For more information, see: Supported Question Types and Formatting Options for Examplify and ExamNow
- Log in to your ExamSoft portal.
- Select the Assessments menu (at the top of the screen).
- Select the Create New Assessment button.
- In the pop-up window, select From Audience Response Question Bank.
- At the top left, enter a Title, and select the folder where you want to store this assessment.
- In the main area of the screen, select the Add Questions to Assessment button.
Note: Only the supported question types are available for selection.
- Select the questions that you want to add, and then select Add Selected to Assessment.
Note: You can select questions from different folders (on the left). Be sure to select the Add Selected button before you navigate to a different folder. A message below the question list indicates the total number of questions selected.
- After making all of your selections, close the selection window.
- Put the questions into the desired order.
You can reorder the questions by dragging them into the desired positions.
As a best practice, organize the questions to align with your lecture or other planned activities. This way, when you're leading the session with the exam-takers, you can easily navigate one by one through the questions.
- If needed, change the Scoring options (on the left side of the screen).
- Select Save.
- Navigate to the assessment, and select it.
- Select Post Assessment.
- Select the Course for this assessment.
Important: Do not select the option to make this Available to All Exam-Takers. Audience Response assessments should only be assigned to the specific course in which the Audience Response activity will take place.
- Select your Scheduled On date.
- This date is used in reporting. It has no bearing on when the actual assessment is delivered.
- If you do not enter a date, the current date will be used.
- After you post an ExamNow assessment, it will be available immediately on the instructor portal. However, the exam-takers cannot see the exam until the it is started from the exam-maker portal.
- Select Post Assessment.
You are now ready to launch your assessment. For more information, see: Legacy Portal: Launch an ExamNow Assessment