FlexSite Express (E.I.x) is used to quickly create essay and multiple choice assessments. This type of assessment requires exam-takers to be given a hard copy of the question content.
Before You Begin
All other files relevant to the database (such as examtakers.txt, courses.txt, coursesexamtakers.txt, assessmentnum.txt) need to be imported before uploading the FSExpress.txt. file. For more information, see: Legacy Portal: Import Exam-Takers & Courses, and Create Exam-Taker Groups
- Select the Assessments menu.
- Select Import EiX.
- Select the Sample File button to download the XLS file.
The XLS file provides you with the correct structure, file format, and filename for your import file. It also includes sample data and detailed instructions.
- Use the sample file to create your FSExpress import file.
Important: Do not change the column headings. The headings in the sample file must be present in the file that you upload. However, you do not have to enter information in every column. The required fields are indicated with asterisks (*) in the descriptions below.
Note: You can refer to the sample data as you complete the form. Be sure to delete the sample data before you import the file.
- Client Course ID: Enter the Course ID. If left blank, the assessment will be available to all exam-takers.
- *Assessment Name: Enter a unique name for this assessment. Any spaces in the assessment name will be condensed. You can use an underscore or dash in place of a space. Each assessment posting name must be unique, or the assessment will not import.
- *Number of Essay Questions: Enter a number between 0 and 200.
- *Secure: Enter Y,N, or N*, and NBI in this field (Y= Secure, N=on-Secure, N*=Non-Secure Suspend, and NBI=Non-Secure Blocked Internet).
- *Spell Check: Enter Y to enable spell check in Examplify, or enter N if you do not want to enable this feature.
- Time Limit: Enter the time limit in minutes. Leave the field blank if there is no limit.
- Assessment File Password: Enter the password that the exam-takers will enter to start the assessment in Examplify. This password is optional and can be up to 12 characters (excluding commas, quotation marks, apostrophes).
- *D/L Open: Enter the date when the assessment is available for exam-takers to download it in Examplify. The time defaults to 12:00 a.m. of the specified date.
- *D/L Close Date: Enter the final date when the exam-takers can download the assessment. The time defaults to 11:59 p.m. of the specified date.
- *Email Exam-Takers: Enter Y to send an email reminding the exam-takers to download the assessment, or enter N if you do not want an email to be sent.
- Number of MC Questions: Enter a number between 0 and 200 or leave the field blank. If the assessment has multiple choice and essay questions on it, the multiple choice questions will always appear in the assessment first.
- *Number of MC Answer Choices: Enter a number between 2 and 10, or leave this field blank.(This field is required only if Multiple Choice questions are on the assessment). Note that all MC questions in will have the same number of answer choices.
- Disable Copy/ Paste: Enter Y to prevent students from copying and pasting in Examplify, or enter N if you want to allow copying and pasting.
- Save the file as FSExpress.txt (Tab Delimited Text).
- Return to the ExamSoft Portal.
- Select Browse to locate the file, and then select Upload.
Note: You can repeat this process multiple times to import additional assessments. This FSExpress.txt file only needs to include any new assessments that you are importing, and not the assessments that were previously imported.