Releasing the results of an assessment will enable the exam-takers to monitor their own progress and to make adjustments in their studying strategies.
- Select the Assessments menu.
- Select the assessment that you want to release the results for.
- Select Reporting/Scoring to open the dropdown menu, and then select Release Exam-Taker Results.
- Select the exam-takers that you want to receive the results.
Note: If you want to select all exam-takers (recommended), select the checkbox in the header row. Only the selected exam-takers will be able to view their results.
- Select Next.
- Select the information to include in the report.
Note: If you want to require the exam-takers to enter a password before accessing the report in the exam-taker portal, enter a Results Password. For example, a professor might want to discuss an exam during class and then give the students the password.
- (Optional) Select Preview to see a sample report.
This step is not required but is strongly recommended. The sample report will include one randomly chosen exam-taker's results to illustrate the information that is included. You can then adjust the options, as needed, before you release the results.
- Release the results:
- If you want to post the results and send an email notification, select Send Link With email. The email will include a link to your institution's exam-taker portal, along with instructions explaining how to view the results. You'll be able to enter a customized message, select other options, and preview the message before sending it.
- If you want to post the results without sending an email notification, select Post to Exam-Taker Portal.
Note: Depending on the settings in My Preferences, you might receive a copy of the grade report via email whenever you release the results for an assessment. For more information about these settings, see: Legacy Portal: Export Grades
Release Results" section to release a new version of the report.
- Be aware that all previously released results will be removed from the exam-taker portal.
- Each time that you go through the steps, be sure to select all of the exam-takers that you want to receive the results. If you select only one exam-taker (for example, someone who was left out of the first release), all of the previously released results will be removed, and only that exam-taker will have a report to view.