You can use PrintX 2 to export and print the exam-takers' responses to essay questions.
- Download and Install PrintX 2
- Manage Your Default Profile
- Create and Manage Additional User Profiles
- Adjust Your Printer to Print the Exams in Order
- Export and Print
Device Requirements: PrintX 2 is a Windows-based application. If you are using a Mac OS X computer, you will need to install PrintX 2 by using Parallels, Fusion, or VMWare.
- Log into your ExamSoft portal.
- Select the Admin menu, and then select Global Settings.
- Select PrintX in the info pane (on the left side of the screen).
- Select Download.
- Launch the installer and complete the installation.
Use your profile to specify the settings that you want to use for your print jobs. Because these settings are tied to your ExamSoft account, they will be available even if you use PrintX 2 on multiple devices.
- Start PrintX 2 on your device.
- Log in with the credentials that you use for your ExamSoft Portal.
- On the Home page, select Manage Profile.
Note: You also access the Manage Profile page from the Manage menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the options to specify how you want your print jobs to be formatted.
- Select Save Profile.
Note: You can select the Home button in the taskbar to return to the main screen.
You can create up to four user profiles in addition to the default profile. For example, you might want to specify different print settings for different types of assessments or different departments. All of the profiles that you create will be tied to your ExamSoft account and will be available even if you use PrintX 2 on multiple devices.
You can easily switch between profiles (as described below). After you complete a print job with a certain profile, PrintX 2 will continue to use it whenever you log in to this device. However, if you log in to a different device, PrintX will use the default profile.
- To access the user profiles: Go to the Home page, and then select Manage Profile.
- To create a new profile: Select the Add button (at the top of the Manage Profile page). Enter a name for the profile, and then select OK. Select the options to specify how you want your print jobs to be formatted. Then select Save Profile.
- To switch between profiles: Open the drop-down menu on this page, and then select the name of the profile that you want to edit or use.
- To change the settings for a profile: Select the profile from the dropdown menu, make your selections, and then select Save Profile.
If you want your exams to print in order of student ID, you will need to adjust the printer configuration for your computer.
- Select the Windows Start button.
- Select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select the printer that you want to use with PrintX 2.
- Select Manage.
- Select Printer Properties (on the left side of the screen).
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Start printing after last page is spooled, and clear the checkmark from Print spooled document first.
- Select OK to save the changes.
- On the Home page, select Start Print Job.
Note: You also can start a print job from the File menu.
- Date Selection (Step 1): Select the date range for the assessments that you want to include. Then select Search.
All assessments that were available for download within that range will appear on the screen.
- Assessment Selection (Step 2): Select the checkbox in the header row to include all assessments, or select individual assessments.
- Exam-Taker Advanced Filters (Step 3): Use these options to include or exclude certain exam-takers.
- Hide Previously Printed: Excludes assessments that were previously printed. If you select this option, you also can enter the Printed Before date to specify a date to use. If a date is not specified, the current date will be used.
- Include Missing Answers: Includes exam-takers who did not submit answer files.
- First Upload Attempt Before: Includes or excludes assessments based on the date and time when the exam-taker's answer file was first uploaded. Select the date, the time, and either Show or Hide.
- Exam-Taker Groups: Select all groups, or select a specific group.
- Select Show Exam-Takers.
The screen displays all exam-takers whose assessments meet the specified criteria.
- Exam-Taker Selection screen (Step 4): Select the exam-takers whose assessments you wish to print.
Note: If an exam-taker's name is in red, it is because there is a missing answer file upload for one or more of the selected assessments.
You have multiple options when selecting exam-takers:
- To include everyone: Select the checkbox in the header row.
- To select individuals: Select the checkbox for each exam-taker to include.
- To select a consecutive group of exam-takers: Use the "select #" option to specify the number of exam-takers starting from a chosen ID.
- After making your selections, select Next (at the bottom of the screen).
- Select the Print Job options that you want to enable.
- Exam Log: Adds an itemized log of every process that the Examplify application makes until the completion of the assessment.
- Only Question #s: Restricts the print file to specific questions. You can select multiple questions by holding the Ctrl or Command key.
- Character Count: Adds the character count after each answer.
- Character Count Detail: Provides character count information for each minute that the exam-taker was answering a specific question.
- When ready, select Export to save the print job to your computer as either an RTF or PDF file, based on your profile settings.
Note: If you have chosen multiple questions, you will be asked if you wish to pause between each question.
- Select Print to select the printer and print the job.
The job will print immediately, using your device's default printer.
The PrintX 2 installer will automatically detect and install the required prerequisites for the application. In the event that the detection fails or these items are removed from your computer, errors might prevent you from running PrintX 2. In this situation, download and install these components: