You can generate the Course Performance Report to see how your courses are performing over a selected period of time. You can run this report for all courses in the selected department, or choose specific courses. You can see which courses are performing well and which are at risk. You also can drill down to view an exam-taker's performance on each assessment.
- Select the Admin menu (near the top right corner of the page).
- Select Advanced Reports.
- Select Create New Report (near the top right corner of the page).
- Select Course Performance.
- Enter the settings.
- Enter a descriptive Report Name.
- You can select the Start/End Dates from the calendar, or type the dates in this format: MM/DD/YYYY
- In the Department list, you can jump down in the list by typing the first letter of a department name.
- Optionally, after you select a Department, you can narrow down the report by selecting one or more Course(s). You can enter the course names in the box or select Browse All to open a slide-out window.
In the slide-out window, you can search and browse for courses to include. Select the plus sign to include a course. After making all of your selections, select Save to return to the report settings.
- You also can narrow down the report to include only selected Student Groups. In the slide-out window, you can search and browse. Select the plus sign for each group to include. After making all of your selections, select Save to return to the report settings.
- Thresholds: For each course, the report will show the overall course performance and will indicate any assessments and any exam-takers who are At Risk. By default, the threshold for that label is a score of 70 percent. You can specify a higher or lower score under Course At Risk Threshold and Student At Risk Threshold. Drag the slider left or right, or enter a number in the box.
- Select Generate Report(near the top right corner of the page).
Note: The button is unavailable until you've entered all required settings.
Report Summary and Actions
- Below the report title, you'll see the number of At-Risk Courses, if any.
- Buttons in the top right corner of the page allow you to print or export the report.
- You also can edit the settings and rerun the report, or rerun the report with the current settings.
- To show the details for the assessments, select the >icon (a). To hide the details, select that icon again.
- The bar graph (b) shows the full range of scores for the assessment. The average score is indicated by a yellow diamond. You can use the key (c) to interpret the various icons in this section.
- In the Status column (d), you can see which assessments are At Risk or Doing Well.
- To see the performance details for individual exam-takers, select the Student List link on the right side of the page (e).