In this guide:
This article provides tips to help you to answer essay questions on your exams.
- Below the question stem, you will see a text box that you will use to compose your essay.
- There are multiple formatting tools available on the toolbar.
- You can increase/decrease the writing space by dragging the three-dots tab at the top of the toolbar.
Check the Word Count for Your Essay Response
The number of characters completed/characters allowed are at the bottom left of the screen.
To view more details: Select the paper symbol (next to the character count). The pop-up window shows the total number of words, characters, and characters without spaces.
If any text is selected in the current question, only the selected text is included in the count.
Use Spellcheck in an Essay Question
If spellcheck is enabled for this assessment, a red dotted line appears below any word that is not recognized by the spellcheck dictionary.
- Right-click on the unrecognized word.
- Then, select Did you mean: to see a list of possible spellings.