Note: Any adjustments will only affect the current assessment and any linked assessments. To update the question permanently, edit the question.
- Open the Reporting/Adjust Scoring Page
- Adjust the Total Points Possible
- Adjust the Points for Individual Questions
- Adjust the Scoring Options and Answer Choices for a Question
- Log in to your ExamSoft Portal.
- Select the course, and then select the assessment.
- Select the Reporting/Adjust Scoring tab.
- Make sure that the Class View is selected.
- In the Total Assessment Points box, enter the new value.
- Select Distribute Points to distribute the points equally among all of the unlocked questions.
- At the top right corner of the page, select Update Scores to update the scores for all exam-takers.
- In the Questions table, find the question that you want to change.
- Enter the new point value in the Points box for that question.
- After making all of the adjustments, scroll up to the top right corner of the page, and select Update Scores to update the scores for all exam-takers.
- If the Points column is not visible, select the Columns button (illustrated below), and then select the Points checkbox.
- If you want to adjust the points for a locked question, select the lock icon (illustrated below) to unlock it.
- After you update the scores, there is no Undo option, but you can repeat the above steps to enter a new point value (the original point value).
- In the Questions table, find the question that you want to edit.
- Select the pencil icon for that question.
The Adjust Question page shows the question at the top, along with performance statistics.
- Adjust Scoring Options: In this section, you can change the way that this question is scored.
- Give Full Credit to All Exam-Takers: If you select this option, all exam-takers will receive full credit, whether they gave the correct answer or not.
- Assign as Bonus Question: If you select this option, everyone who correctly answered this question will receive the full point value as "extra credit." There will be no penalty for the exam-takers who answered it incorrectly.
- Throw Out Question: If you select this option, this question will not be included when calculating the scores for this assessment.
- Answer Choices: You can change the answers that are counted as right or wrong. First, select the pencil icon in the Adjust Answer column header. Then select a checkmark to indicate a correct answer (blue shading) or an incorrect answer (no shading).
In the following example, only two answers were originally considered correct. However, an additional answer has been marked correct (shaded blue) in the Adjust Answer column.
- Adjust Options for Allow Unlimited Selection: This option appears only for Multiple Choice questions. If you made changes in the Answer Choices section, you can select these options to determine how the adjusted answers will be scored. For example, let's say that A, B, and D were originally the correct answer choices for a question. Now you realize that E also should be accepted. In the Answer Choices section, you select E in the Adjust Answer column. Then, you use these checkboxes to determine how to score the exam-takers' selections.
- Give partial credit for any adjusted answers: This option awards partial credit for each correct answer choice that was selected by an exam-taker. With the above example, an exam-taker will receive partial credit (1/4) for each correct answer choice. There will be no penalty for any incorrect answer choice.
- Accept any combination of adjusted answers: This option awards full credit if an exam-taker selected any combination of the correct answer choices. With the above example, full credit will be given for any combination of A, B, D, and E. For instance, an exam-taker could have chosen A, B, and D as well as A, B, and E, and any other combinations of the correct choices.
- Require all adjusted answers: This option awards full credit only if an exam-taker selected all of the answers that are now marked as correct in the Adjust Answer column. With the above example, full credit will be given only if all four choices (A, B, D, and E) were selected.
- After making your adjustments for this question, scroll up and select Save near the top right corner of the page.
Note: After you save the changes, there is no Undo option, but you can repeat the above steps to enter new adjustments (the original answers and options).
- On the Class View page, this question will now have an Adjusted label.