After an exam-taker uploads an answer file from Examplify, you can view the exam snapshot. It provides detailed, time-stamped information about an exam-taker's actions during the exam. For example, you can see the time when exam was opened and when each question was answered. You can see how and when the exam-taker navigated from question to question. You can see each answer choice and any changes that were made before submitting the exam.
Open the Snapshot
- Log in to your institution's ExamSoft portal.
- Select the course and the assessment.
- Select the Proctoring tab.
- To view an exam-taker’s snapshot, select the link in the Uploads column, and then select the snapshot icon.
Note: If an exam-taker has submitted multiple exam uploads, please refer to the Enterprise Portal: Manage Multiple Exam Uploads article for more information.
View the Information
The table lists every activity during the exam, from the time when the exam-taker opened the assessment to the time when the assessment ended.
Note: For each question in the assessment, you can see the Question # (as sorted on the exam) and the Question ID (as identified in the Assessment settings).
Certain items in the table are hyperlinks that you can select to see more details.
- Assessment Started: The time stamp, the user ID, the exam-taker's name, and the assessment ID.
- Answer choice selected for Multiple Choice or True/False. The text of the selected answer choice.
- Fill in the blank response(s). The text that the exam-taker entered.
- Essay response. The text that the exam-taker entered (without any formatting that might have been applied).
- Hot spot responses. The pin placement on the image.
- Resuming an assessment. This indicates that the exam-taker experienced crash, power outage, or other situation that interrupted the exam and that the exam-taker had to enter a resume code to continue the exam.
- Screenshot of characters entered into an essay, or any large deletion of text.
- Final snapshot